Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 180 vessels and over 2,500 crews and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. Smit Lamnalco is headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information, please visit our website www.smitlamnalco.com
Smit Lamnalco Australia operates out of Sydney (Port Botany) and counts 280 employees (approximately 50 staff, and 230 Crew) across its operations in various ports in Australia and PNG. The Commercial department is responsible for identifying new business opportunities for business expansion, to secure and retain existing business activities and contracts and to develop and win new business in line with the strategic plan for the Region.
To strengthen the team we currently have a job opening for a:
The Commercial Manager reports to the Regional Commercial Manager Australia.
- Identifying new business opportunities,
- Maintaining commercial relations with clients on existing contracts.
- Market and develop vessels, assets and services through close, direct and regular clients’ liaison with existing and potential clients and with agents, government and local authorities if and when necessary to secure orders.
- Ensuring that Smit Lamnalco is pre-qualified and on the bid list of companies operating in the region who may require marine, oil/gas terminal or on- and offshore marine related services.
- Driving bid and/or contract negotiations while working closely and in consultation with Tendering and other subject matter experts during the bid process and providing commercial input for the bid.
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree preferably in a maritime related field.
- 8-12 years relevant experience within the marine services sector.
- Exceptional skills in the formulation of new business proposals and contract negotiations.
- Excellent skills in building and maintaining business relations.
- Strong analytical and communication skills (verbal and written)
- A high level of accuracy and drive.
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis,
- Work and reside in Sydney.
Employment conditionsSmit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package that addresses local regulations. We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself in a challenging, dynamic and truly international environment.
Contact infoApplications can be send via our website to the attention of Mr. David Fethers, Regional Managing Director.
Acquisition is appreciated.
Please note that only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration.