Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe, reliable and cost-effective integrated midstream marine services to the following on and offshore terminals: oil & gas; LNG, FLNG, FSRU; SPM; FPSO, FSO; and minerals export. We own, operate and manage a modern diverse fleet of approximately 180 vessels. With more than 2,500 crew and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com
Currently we have a job opening for a:
For this position it is mandatory to be a resident of The Netherlands
and in possession of a residency permit.
The Commercial Manager reports to the Regional Commercial Manager. The position is based in Rotterdam.
In this ‘hands-on’ commercial role you are responsible for retaining existing profitable contracts and winning new business in the region. You identify and actively drive new business opportunities (short and long term growth opportunities). Maintaining excellent relationships with existing and potential clients and actively leading regional tender- and bid processes is another key aspect of the role. In daily operations you are working closely together within the commercial team, the regional management team members and the Group Tender department.
- Identify new business opportunities.
- Maintain commercial relations with clients on existing contracts.
- Market & develop Smit Lamnalco services through direct and regular contact with existing and potential clients as well as other stakeholders and expand the company’s network in Africa.
- Ensure that Smit Lamnalco is pre-qualified and on the bid list of companies operating in the region.
- Drive bid and/or contract negotiations while working closely and in consultation with Tendering and other subject matter experts (Operations, Technical, Legal, Tax, Finance, HR/Crewing, Business Development) during the bid process and providing commercial input for the bid.
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree preferably in a maritime related field.
- 3-6 years relevant experience within the marine services sector.
- Exceptional skills in the formulation of new business proposals, the tender process and contract negotiations.
- Excellent skills in building and maintaining business relations.
- Other requirements: analytical thinking, flexibility, excellent well developed communication skills (verbal and written), accuracy, perseverance, self-starter.
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis (with a minimum of 120 days per year).
- Fluent in English. French and/or Portuguese is considered an asset.
Employment conditionsSmit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package that addresses local regulations. We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself in a challenging, dynamic and truly international environment.
Contact infoFor more information, please feel free to contact Etienne van Noordenne, Regional HR Manager Africa firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration.