Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe, reliable and cost-effective integrated midstream marine services to the following on and offshore terminals: oil & gas; LNG, FLNG, FSRU; SPM; FPSO, FSO; and minerals export. We own, operate and manage a modern diverse fleet of approximately 150 vessels. With more than 1700 crew and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com
Job DescriptionFor our HQ office in Rotterdam we are currently looking for a
Contract Manager Angola (based in the Netherlands).
The purpose of this position is to manage the assigned contract and ensure delivery of the agreed services to the client in a safe manner and cost effective. The role is reporting directly to the Regional Managing Director Africa. The position is based in Rotterdam and regular travelling is required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that the day-to-day operations are performed in a safe, secured, professional, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Ensure financial performance is in line with budget(s), company objectives.
- You are P&L accountable for assigned contract.
- Manage client expectations and build-up a close relationship and 'goodwill' with the customers representative/client on site.
- Identify commercial opportunities within the current contract to maximize revenues and ensure client satisfaction.
- Manage and report financial and operational performance of the contract and ensure timely payments from clients.
- Manage the contract within the values and overall policies, procedures and standards of the Company; SLIMS compliant.
- Ensure a proper application of the crew policies & procedures and management of crew on board of the Vessels.
- Manage and control budgets for victuals, PPE and other crew related costs.
- Ensure that any operational licenses and insurances for executing the contract are in place.
- Verify that the contract and the vessels operate in compliance with all local legislations/regulations and that crew is compliant with STCW and/or other legal crew certificate requirements.
- Manage, develop, appraise and motivate all staff and crew assigned to the contract.
Job RequirementsOur new colleague will have:
- Bachelor’s degree at a Maritime Academy or other marine related advanced or university level qualifications
- Relevant marine operating experience, preferably sea-going experience as Master or Chief Engineer
- In-depth understanding and experience of marine industry and terminal operations
- Onshore management experience
- 4 to 6 years of relevant work experience
- Developed managerial competences and a good eye for accuracy in administration.
- Pro-active work approach
- Commercially savvy
- Fluent in English
- Willing to travel to Angola
- Experience with working with multinational and multicultural crew and staff Energetic, enthusiastic, optimistic, hands-on and the ability to manage stress
- Work permit to work in the Netherlands.
Employment conditionsThis is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to join an international maritime company and have a pivotal role within the organization, which offers great upward progression for a motivated and talented individual. Smit Lamnalco offers a competitive compensation & benefit package that meets local regulations.
Contact infoFor more information, you can contact Henriette Donath, Group Manager HR - e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Please note: only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration.