Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 150 vessels and over 1,700 crews and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 25 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. Smit Lamnalco is headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, with a regional hub for the Middle East and Indian Subcontinent located in Sharjah. For more information, please visit our website www.smitlamnalco.com
Job DescriptionOur Middle East office has openings for a Contract Manager for various locations in the region.
The purpose of this position is to manage the assigned contract(s) and ensure delivery of the agreed services to the client in a cost effective and safe manner. The role is reporting directly to the Managing Director.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that the day to day operations are performed in a safe, secured, professional, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Ensure a financial performance in line with budget(s), company objectives and you will have P&L accountability for your assigned contract.
- Manage client expectations and build-up a close relationship and 'goodwill' with the customers representative/client on site.
- Identify commercial opportunities within the current contract to maximize/raise revenues.
- Manage and report financial and operational performance of the contract and ensure timely payments from clients.
- Manage the contract within the values and overall policies, procedures and standards of the Company; SLIMS compliant.
- Ensure a proper application of the crew policies & procedures and management of crew on board of the Vessels.
- Manage and control budgets for victuals, PPE and other crew related costs.
- Ensure that any operational licenses and insurances for executing the contract are in place.
- Verify that the contract and the vessels operate in compliance with all local legislations/regulations and that crew is compliant with STCW and/or other legal crew certificate requirements.
- Manage, develop, appraise and motivate all staff and crew assigned to the contract.
Job RequirementsTo be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor degree at a Maritime Academy or other marine related advanced or university level qualifications
- Relevant marine operating experience, preferably sea-going experience as Master or Chief Engineer
- In-depth understanding and experience of marine industry and terminal operations
- Onshore management experience
- 4 to 6 years of relevant work experience
- Strong managerial and administrative skills
- Pro-active work approach and a commercial feel
- Fluent in English is essential with Arabic as an advantage
- Willing to work on rotational basis 6 weeks on 6 weeks or a permanent in country position
- Experience with working with multinational and multicultural crew and staff Energetic, enthusiastic, optimistic, hands-on and the ability to manage stress
- Previous or current experience in the Middle East Region is seen as an advantage
Employment conditionsThis is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to join an international maritime company and have a pivotal role within the organization, which offers great upward progression for a motivated and talented individual. Smit Lamnalco offers a competitive compensation & benefit package that meets local regulations.
For more information, you can contact Shenayé Botha (Senior HR Officer - e-mail: email@example.com ).
Contact infoApplications should be submitted via our website to the attention of Ms. Shenayé Botha.
Please note: only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration.