Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 180 vessels and 2,500 crews and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com
Smit Lamnalco has a job opening for a:
Controller Accounting & Reporting
In this role you act as ‘the subject matter expert’ in the field of Accounting and Reporting. The purpose of the position is to deliver the Group's consolidated financial reporting and to ensure that the Company complies with IFRS and other regulatory accounting principles, laws & regulations regarding financial reporting.
The position is based in the head-Office in Rotterdan and reports to the group Accounting & Reporting Manager.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements of the Group and corporate entities, review financial statements of other subsidiaries and give guidance regarding financial reporting standards.
- Deliver timely and accurate consolidated financial reports and statements, in line with IFRS or local statutory standards.
- Structure, optimize and implement internal control policies and processes (Control Framework).
- Ensure the company complies with all IFRS and other regulatory requirements regarding financial reporting.
- Conduct Balance Sheet reviews, ensuring satisfactory resolution of queries and investigating trends & variances.
- Provide timely and complete information to the Tax Department as required, for preparation and filing of tax returns and local audits.
- Develop, maintain and implement the Accounting Manual in line with IFRS accounting standards.
- Manage the EXQL application (functional) in cooperation with the Group Controller Consolidation & Reporting .
- Develop and implement best practice processes and systems in the field of accounting & reporting across the Group.
- Work with internal and external auditors on statutory audits and tax requirements.
- A Master’s degree in Finance & Accounting or comparable.
- Knowledge and understanding of IFRS.
- A Chartered Accountant degree (RA).
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and other relevant accounting standards.
- 4 to 6 years of relevant experience, ideally acquired in Accountancy (‘big 4’) / External Auditing eventually combined with an operational experience in controlling.
- Strong analytical skills and capable to describe (complex) processes in a simple way.
- A ‘subject matter expert’ /specialist, ambitious, critical, pragmatic and with the intrinsic motivation to deliver high quality.
- Good communicator, able to maintain relations on various levels, internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Employment conditionsSmit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package. We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself in a challenging, dynamic and truly international environment.
Applicants have to be resident in the Netherlands or in possession of a work permit for the Netherlands.
Contact infoFor more information, please feel free to contact Edwin Verdurmen Group Accounting & Reporting Manager, EVerdurmen@smitlamnalco.com
Applications can be submitted via our website to the attention of Margareth Schipper
Group HR Director, MSchipper@smitlamnalco.com
Please note: only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration!