Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to ports and the oil and gas terminal industry. With 150 vessels and over 1700 crews and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 25 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com
Smit Lamnalco currently has an opening for a:
In this ‘hands-on’ Controller role you are responsible for the Financial Management of the Nigerian area. The Controller reports to the Managing Director Nigeria, with a functional reporting line to the CFO. You will supervise the local Financial team ( Finance Manager and Accountants ) based in Lagos, Nigeria and will report and work in close cooperation with the Managing Director Nigeria. The position is based in Rotterdam/Papendrecht with regular travel (approx. 1 week per month) to Lagos, Nigeria.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day accounting and controlling in line with the companies accounting framework.
- Minimize financial risks/liabilities and advise on maximizing revenues for each contract.
- Responsible for statutory accounts (with support internal/external auditors) and all related tax-filings (excl. pay-roll taxes).
- Process budget and forecast data and ensure a timely submission of budgets and forecasts reports to the Group. Support the business in target/strategy setting and execution and translate outcomes into annual plans/budgets.
- Pro-actively advise and support in solving contractual escalations and ensure maximum attainment.
- Provide timely monthly management reports to the MD and conduct variation & trend analyses and reviews.
- Actively manage cash flows and working capital of contracts and assigned entities in the area, in cooperation with Treasury.
- Advise on business and financial improvements and drive change proposals.
- Actively support the MD and drive the start-up of new contracts/entities and be the Point of Contact and liaison for relevant Group Functions.
- Act as the 1st Point of Contact towards Group for accounting and reporting, tax, treasury, legal and ERP related matters.
- Review financial terms and assess financial assumptions during tenders, extensions and renewals.
- Implement Group internal control policies, procedures and (IT)systems & ensure compliance.
- Implement applicable accounting, legal and tax structures to minimize liabilities.
- Monitor legal, tax and covenant's compliance and flag non-conformities.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A master’s degree in finance and accountancy, preferably RC.
- 5-7 years’ experience in similar role.
- In depth knowledge of IFRS.
- Experience in an international (maritime) setting.
- Fluency in Dutch and English.
- Strong managerial skills, to the point with a well-developed business sense.
- Ambitious, critical, pragmatic and persistent in achieving results and high quality.
- Good communicator who is able to communicate with stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
- Willing to travel on a frequent basis (min. 1 week per month).
The position is based in Rotterdam / Papendrecht. For more information, please feel free to contact Wouter Nieuwveld, CFO (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Margareth Schipper, Group HR Director (email@example.com).
Acquisition for this vacancy is appreciated.