Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe, reliable and cost-effective integrated midstream marine services to the following on and offshore terminals: oil & gas; LNG, FLNG, FSRU; SPM; FPSO, FSO; and minerals export. We own, operate and manage a modern diverse fleet of approximately 180 vessels. With more than 2,500 crew and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com
Job DescriptionSmit Lamnalco currently has an opening for a:
The Group Financial Analyst reports to Group Tender Manager. The position is based in Rotterdam.
In this role you are responsible for financial analysis in support of tendering and commercial activities; developing financial models, analysing financial and commercial data; and developing, evaluating and delivering cost estimates in order to build up a tender / bid price / Price to Win. You will base this price on the scope of work, type of vessels, area of operation, competition and other relevant aspects. In daily operations you will work closely with the commercial team, internal subject matter experts, and other members of the Group Tender department.
Job RequirementsA more detailed description is provided below:
- Assess ITT's and Method Statements on (contractual/financial) risks and estimate the financial impact of the identified risks.
- Participate in tender-teams and support management in the pricing of tenders and during the bidding process.
- Prepare cost-estimates in tenders by analysing proposals and requirements.
- Perform feasibility analysis and identify & quantify cost factors in tenders.
- Gather and collect cost information and data from internal departments and external suppliers.
- Identify and seek cost effective (innovative) ideas and/or solutions to lower the cost-price and/or increase profitability.
- Undertake analysis of relevant financial and business data in support business development processes
- Analyse budgeted costs in bids with actual spendings on contracts.
- Continuously improve calculation methods and sheets.
- Maintain and optimise the calculation and cost database.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A Masters degree preferably in a Business Economics or Finance.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a similar position preferably in Marine Industry.
- Exceptional skills in developing, evaluating and delivering cost estimates
- Advanced user of Excel to build and maintain financial models
- Excellent skills in building and maintaining business relations.
- Other requirements: analytical thinking, flexibility, excellent well developed communication skills (verbal and written), accuracy, perseverance, self-starter.
- Willingness to travel on an occasional basis.
- Fluent in English.
Employment conditionsSmit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package. We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself in a challenging, dynamic and truly international environment.
Contact infoFor more information, please feel free to contact Etienne van Noordenne, HR Manager EvanNoordenne@smitlamnalco.com.
Please note: only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration!