Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe, reliable and cost-effective integrated midstream marine services to the following on and offshore terminals: oil & gas; LNG, FLNG, FSRU; SPM; FPSO, FSO; and minerals export. We own, operate and manage a modern diverse fleet of approximately 150 vessels. With more than 1700 crew and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com
Job DescriptionSmit Lamnalco currently has an opening for a:
Dry Docking Superintendent
For our head office in Rotterdam we are looking for an enthusiastic Dry Docking Superintendent. In this role you are responsible for ensuring that the dry-dockings of an assigned number of vessels is executed in a safe and cost effective way in line with company standards. You will oversee and coordinate the various dry dockings from a technical, financial and administrative point of view and assist, guide and train local Technical Superintendents in the preparation and execution of dry dockings. The Dry Docking Superintendent reports to the Group Fleet Manager / Regional Managing Director and works in close cooperation with the Regional Technical Manager and Technical Superintendents. Approximately two third of the time you will be working from our office in Rotterdam and one third of the time will be at locations where we operate or dry dock our vessels.
- Oversee and coordinate the various dry dockings from a technical, financial and administrative point of view.
- Assist, guide and train local Technical Superintendents in the preparation and execution of the dry docking process.
- Safeguard that dry docking specifications are in line with company standards.
- Supervise and optimise the administrative process attached to dry dockings.
- Plan and coordinate dry dockings in line with quality standards, agreed budgets and time lines.
- Supervise commercial negotiations with shipyards and subcontractors.
- Evaluate activities and performance of third party contractors and vendors.
- Pre inspect dry docking facilities.
- Visit shipyard in the preparation phase, during the execution of the docking and settle final invoices.
- Monitor the budget vs expenditure.
- Supervise dry docking evaluation reports.
- Undertake vessel inspections and report on the status of the vessels.
- Optimise and implement of technical (new build) standards.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical / Maritime engineering or Naval Architecture.
- STCW Certificate of Competency III/3, with minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Chief Engineer or 2nd Engineer, on vessels of >6,000 KW.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with planning and executing dry dockings
- Experienced in project management, budgeting and planned maintenance systems.
- Seasoned technical professional, able to set and maintain high standards.
- Team player, able to engage and cooperate at all organizational levels.
- Excellent communicator able to guide and instruct engineers (on-and offshore).
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Fluent in Dutch and English (verbally and in writing). French and/or Portuguese is considered an asset.
Employment conditionsSmit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package. We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself in a challenging, dynamic and truly international environment. The position is for 32-40 hours per week.
Candidates should be resident in The Netherlands.
Contact infoFor more information, you can contact Elina Elliott, HR Manager.