Company InformationSmit Lamnalco
Smit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 150 vessels and over 1700 crews and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com.
Job DescriptionSmit Lamnalco currently has an opening for a:
As Financial Accountant you will be responsible for the execution of the financial day-to-day administration of a number of contracts and/or entities including the monthly closing and provision of accurate management information on actuals and budgets. You will report to the Business Controller and will work close together with a team of two other accountants in the Rotterdam office, responsible for entities of the region Africa and Europe. Next to this you will work together with the local country finance teams.
- Execute the financial administration (GL) for one or more assigned contracts/entities, including financial statements and (corporate/local) audits.
- Execute full tax compliancy (VAT, payroll taxes, CIT, Withholding Taxes and any other taxes which are applicable)
- Prepare and submit monthly financial reports (P&L, Balance Sheet, movement schedules) and management reports (in-depth actuals vs budget/forecast analysis).
- Collaborate with business control / operations in preparing forecast and budget information and reporting on this.
- Participate in cost-control activities.
- Participate in IT projects when deemed necessary.
- Support operational team on any other matters, such as ERP guidance.
Job RequirementsJob requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, preferably Business Economics / Accountancy.
- Experienced in handling (multiple) administrations, contracts/entities.
- Experience in a similar position for at least 3 years, preferably in an international environment.
- Fluent in the English language (both written and oral).
- Ability to prioritize and work to deadlines.
- Self-starter and able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Preferred: Familiar with the Marine/Shipping Industry.
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands.
Employment conditionsEmployment conditions:
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic finance professional who is keen and eager to join an International Marine company. Smit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package.
Contact infoApplications should be send via our website to the attention of Mrs. Margareth Schipper, Group HR Director.
Please feel free to contact Margareth Schipper (email@example.com) for more information with regards to the process or content of the position.
Acquisition is appreciated.
Please note: only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration.