Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 180 vessels and 2,500 crews and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com
Smit Lamnalco currently has an opening for a:
Functional Application Consultant
As our Functional Application Consultant you have an important role in supporting, developing, maintaining and improving our Microsoft Dynamics AX system to assure continuous alignment with our business processes and uptime of the systems. Next to Microsoft Dynamics AX you are also managing the Helm Dispatch & Billing application which is used for our Harbor Towage operations. You will report to the Functional Application Manager. The function is based in Rotterdam.
As part of the Functional Management team you will be key contributor in daily maintenance and support, working closely with the functional team members, business process owners and application users across the globe. You will be involved in various projects for the design/development/ implementation of new modules/entities in/to AX in close cooperation with external consultants and business representatives.
- Monitor and maintain the software applications on a daily basis.
- Be point of contact for the (key) users and handle system issues.
- Perform incident management on the application system(s).
- Support the user organization in defining and analyzing user requirements.
- Translate the business (reporting) requirements into IT requirements.
- (Co) develop, test and implement solutions/changes/upgrades (if necessary with 3rd parties) to meet the business requirements.
- Develop and maintain documentation (work instructions, quick reference cards, set-up documentation, etc.).
- Establish and maintain a change request procedures for workflow, review (approval) matrix, master data and predefined structures.
- Keep master data flow and processes in the (ERP) system up-to-date.
- Solve issues in the area of integration with the software applications.
- Identify areas for potential issues and proactively communicate to resolve issues & provide guidance as required.
- Perform user training.
- Education on Bachelor level or higher (in IT or Finance field).
- Minimal 3 years of application management experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is a must.
- Experience with functional customization lifecycle.
- Proven track record in ERP Rollouts / Implementations.
- Good general understanding of IT Infrastructure.
- Profound knowledge of the English language (both written and verbal).
- Willingness to travel.
- Expert in Dynamics AX Finance and accounting module.
- Experienced in Dynamics AX Project administration module.
- General knowledge in Dynamics AX Procurement and sourcing module.
- General knowledge in Dynamics AX Infrastructure, AOT and development lifecycle principles.
- Excel advanced knowledge, Helm and/or Scribe experience is a preference.
- Analytical and problem solving capabilities with minimal guidance.
- You work efficiently and can deliver quality results also under time pressure.
- Ability to effectively interface with technical, accounting and non-technical staff at all organizational levels.
- Can-do mentality, drive, hands-on, team-player.
- Accurate and in control, also in repetitive actions.
Employment conditionsSmit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package that addresses local regulations. We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself in a challenging, dynamic and truly international environment.
Contact infoFor more information, please feel free to contact Etienne van Noordenne, (Evannoordenne@smitlamnalco.com).
Please note that only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration.