Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 150 vessels and over 1700 crews and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com.
Job DescriptionSmit Lamnalco currently has an opening for a:
Group IT System Engineer
In this role you are responsible for maintaining the ICT- network and architecture solutions, IT-systems, system integrations & developments and for support to end-users for the assigned region. You are a member of the Group IT team and will report to the Group IT Manager. The role is based in the HQ of Smit Lamnalco in Papendrecht (Boskalis business-park).
- Implement, maintain & optimize the IT hardware environment standards and connectivity for offices and vessels in cooperation with the IT department.
- Support on installing and maintaining applications & operating systems on the IT systems on board of vessels and in offices.
- Develop & provide training to all staff & crew of the assigned region on the use of IT configuration and data communication.
- Manage the SSCM & Exchange server environment and active directory.
- Analyse & report trends with the performance tools provided.
- Implement and maintain the server environment and IT infrastructure.
- Allocate, diagnose and solve (2nd and 3rd line) end-user problems with local and/or remote services.
- Administer platforms to support remote IT-services.
- Document implemented configurations.
- Support the IT Architect in arranging and managing the Smit Lamnalco’s data centres.
- Implement and administer Smit Lamnalco’s standards on locations and assets (regionally).
- Update IT etiquette and ensure etiquette rules are adhered by users and give feedback to IT Manager.
- Higher professional education (or Bachelor degree) preferably in Information Technology or related fields.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft server solutions.
- Basic knowledge on network and switches support.
- Preferably experienced in a maritime environment.
- Experience in a comparable position of at least 4 to 6 years.
- Willing to learn and grow to a senior role in the IT organization.
- Proficiency in the English language (both written and verbal).
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Experience (by preference) as a Microsoft System Engineer / Administrator in an international environment.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Willingness to travel from time to time.
- Residing in the Netherlands.
Employment conditionsEmployment conditions: This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic professional who wants to make his/her next career step within IT and is keen and eager to join an International Marine company. Smit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package.
Contact infoApplications should be send via our website to the attention of Mrs. Margareth Schipper, Group HR Director. Please feel free to contact Margareth Schipper (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Acquisition is appreciated.
Please note: only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration.