Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 150 vessels and over 1700 crews and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com.
Smit Lamnalco currently has an opening for a:
Group Maintenance Manager
The Group Maintenance Manager is responsible for providing technical direction and support to the company with regards to Running Maintenance and Dry-Docking programs of vessels. The Group Maintenance Manager manages a team of 4-5 Technical vessel specialists, responsible for providing functional guidance, support and advise with regards to Running Maintenance to Technical Superintendents (TSI’s) in the field, and the planning and execution of Dry Docking programs. The role is based in Rotterdam / Papendrecht and reports to the CEO.
Job DescriptionJob responsibilities:
- Optimization and implementation of Running Maintenance and Dry Docking standards, policies and procedures and monitors that those are followed up and applied in practice by the TSI’s in the field.
- Define a mid-term (5 year) Dry-docking execution and budget plan in cooperation with the responsible (P&L) Managing Directors (MD’s) of the various areas.
- Benchmark and select preferred yards for Dry Dockings.
- Review annual Area M&R budgets and advise Area’s on optimizations and cost-saving actions.
- Drive fleet standardization (economics of scale).
- Analyse technical downtime of vessels, identify trends and root causes and advise on preventive actions.
- Develop and implement an effective global spare-part strategy.
- Provide Technical tender support and input to the Group Commercial department.
- Advise, coordinate and be the Point of Contact for new build programs.
- Coordinate H&M claim processes and interact with brokers/insurers.
- Ensure a proper technical induction of (new) TSI’s and (new) CE’s on systems, procedures and standards in order to raise and maintain performance standards.
- Initiate and monitor technical compliance with OVMSA and other relevant quality assurance standards and interact with Class and Flag-states on vessel related matters.
- Foster cross-departmental teamwork and actively drive ‘best practice sharing’ across the area’s.
Job RequirementsProfile candidate:
- Bachelor (Maritime Officer) and/or Master's degree (Mechanical Engineering/Industrial Engineering and Management/Civil Engineering/ Naval Architect).
- Seasoned Maintenance Manager with 8-10 years’ experience in an international environment within the Maritime, Transport or Logistic Industry.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Team player with a collaborative approach and able to engage and partnering at all organizational levels.
- Willing and capable to work in a (semi)-matrix organization.
- Analytical as well as numerically strong with a solid financial understanding.
- Builder, self-starter and energetic person.
- Fluent in Dutch and English (verbally and in written).
The position is based in Rotterdam / Papendrecht. You can send in your application through the website of smit Lamnalco (www.smitlamnalco.com) For more information, please feel free to contact
Margareth Schipper, Group HR Director (email@example.com).