Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 190 vessels and over 2,500 staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com.
Smit Lamnalco currently has an opening for a:
Group SHEQ Officer
The main purpose of this job is to ensure compliance with the companies Integrated Management System (SLIMS) & SHEQ standards by means of training and induction and increasing the SHEQ awareness and culture at our operations, particularly in the region Europe (Russia, Lithuania and Georgia).
This position is based in Rotterdam and reports to the Group SHEQ Manager, also based in Rotterdam.
- Support the Contract Managers with the implementation of SLIMS at contract Level.
- Conduct SLIMS and SHEQ familiarisation and training.
- Monitor SLIMS crew training program/ E-learning.
- Deliver SHEQ related training on board vessels.
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement.
- Promote safe practices through group campaigns, competition and incentives.
- Provide monthly SHEQ report for the Europe region.
- Assist the Group SHEQ Manager in the preparation of SHEQ campaigns and documentation of new procedures
- Communicate & coordinate SHEQ matters through safety & toolbox meetings and safety alerts.
- Ensure emergency preparedness by conducting shipboard drills and debriefing
- Conduct internal audits
- Conduct incident investigations
- Assist in the execution of corrective and preventive actions.
- Monitor timely close out of corrective and preventive actions.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree.
- Familiar with the Marine Shipping industry with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in a SHEQ role preferably in the Marine/Shipping industry.
- Extensive experience in training and induction of crews and shore staff.
- Conversant with applicable international standards in the (maritime) industry e.g. ISO 9001, ISO, 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISM, ISPS, MLC and OVMSA.
- Fluently in the English and Russian language (both written and oral).
- Pro-active and experienced in working with different nationalities.
- Ability to prioritise and work towards deadlines.
- Willingness to travel abroad.
Employment conditionsSmit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package that addresses local regulations. We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself in a challenging, dynamic and truly international environment.Applicants have to be resident in the Netherlands or in possession of a work permit for the Netherlands.
Contact infoFor more information, please feel free to contact Manon van Kranenburg (Group HR Officer Sr.) MvanKranenburg@smitlamnalco.com.
Applications can be submitted via our website to the attention of Manon van Kranenburg.
Please note: only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration!