Company InformationSMIT LAMNALCO
Smit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 190 vessels and over 2,500 people worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com.
Job DescriptionSmit Lamnalco has a job opening for a:
HR Specialist Trainee
The purpose of the position is to assist with day-to-day operations of the Global HR function and to provide support to the HR-Managers on all HR related matters. The position is based in our Rotterdam office and reports to the Group Manager HR.
This is a challenging position that fits you well if:
- you are interested in working in a global environment
- you love having systems working for you
- you want to know more about the maritime industry
- you are a team player
- you are ready for your next step in your HR career
- Support the HR Managers with day-to-day activities and participate in HR Projects.
- Preparation of overviews and reports.
- Be the functional superuser for our recruitment system globally.
- Manager HR data in our HRIS.
- Assist with the payroll(s) in the Netherlands and Singapore by providing accurate and relevant data and control the pay-roll process.
- Arrange enrolment of employees on all relevant benefit scheme's (eg. health insurance, pension plans and keep registration up to date.
- Arrange residence- and work permits and other employment related documents.
- Arrange and coordinate in-house and external training activities.
- Arrange the onboarding of new employees
Job RequirementsTo be successful in this role the candidate will have:
- A bachelor degree or equivalent
- Some HR experience.
- Experience with HRIS and recruitment systems.
- Skills in MS excel.
- Professional language Fluent in English and Dutch (both written and oral).
- This is a full-time position (32 to 40 hours) and we are looking for candidates living in the Netherlands.
Employment conditionsEmployment conditions:
Smit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package that addresses local regulations. We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself in a challenging international and dynamic environment.
Contact infoFor more information, you can contact Henriette Donath, Group Manager HR. Tel nr +31(0)6-19800188 or
Apply for this vacancy by submitting your CV in our recruitment system.