Company InformationSmit Lamnalco
Smit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 170 vessels and over 2,400 staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com.
Smit Lamnalco currently has an opening for a: Group IT System Engineer
Job DescriptionIn this role you are responsible for maintaining ICT- architecture solutions, IT-systems, system integrations and developments and for support to end-users for the assigned region. The role is based in the HQ of Smit Lamnalco in Rotterdam and reports to the Group IT Manager.
- Implement, maintain & optimize the IT hardware environment standards and connectivity for offices and vessels in cooperation with the IT department.
- Support on installing and maintaining applications & operating systems on the IT systems on board of vessels and in offices.
- Develop & provide training to all staff & crew of the assigned region on the use of IT configuration and data communication.
- Manage the SSCM & Exchange server environment and active directory.
- Analyse & report trends with the performance tools provided.
- Implement and maintain the server environment and IT infrastructure.
- Allocate, diagnose and solve (2nd and 3rd line) end-user problems with local and/or remote services.
- Administer platforms to support remote IT-services.
- Document implemented configurations.
- Support the IT Architects in arranging and managing the Smit Lamnalco’s data centres.
- Implement and administer Smit Lamnalco’s standards on locations and assets (regionally).
- Update IT etiquette and ensure etiquette rules are adhered by users and give feedback to IT Manager.
Job RequirementsJob requirements:
- Higher professional education (or Bachelor degree) preferably in Information Technology or related fields.
- Experience as a System Engineer / Administrator in international environments.
- It is preferable to have experience in a maritime environment.
- Experience in a comparable position of at least 4 to 6 years.
- Proficiency in the English language (both written and verbal).
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Willingness to travel.
Employment conditionsEmployment conditions:
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to join an international shipping company and have a challenging role within the organization, which offers great upward progression for a motivated and talented individual. Smit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package.
Contact infoApplications should be send via our website to the attention of Mr. Etienne van Noordenne, Group HR Manager. Please feel free to contact Etienne van Noordenne (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Please note: only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration.