Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 190 vessels and over 2,500 staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com.
Due to expansion of our Legal Department, we have an opening for a:
The Legal Counsel will be based in Singapore reporting to the Group General Counsel having seat in the Smit Lamnalco head office in Rotterdam.
Your main responsibilities as Legal Counsel are to provide legal advice and support to the Smit Lamnalco Group globally. As a business partner, together with the other members of the legal team you will provide advice on various business matters in order to protect the company’s business interests, to limit the risks and to ensure compliance with legislation and the Group Legal Framework.
Job DescriptionYou will be responsible to:
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of the Group Legal Framework.
- Monitor and ensure a proper application in practice of legal policies and procedures and actively steer on compliance with applicable legislation.
- Draft, review and negotiate international commercial contracts.
- Initiate and lead new corporate set-ups (including incorporation of new (local) entities and amendments to the corporate structure).
- Advise on various legal aspects relevant to the business, including vessel related matters.
- Provide legal support on contract lifecycle management related matters.
- Provide legal support to (senior) management in case of disputes, claim settlements and arbitrations.
Job RequirementsTo be successful in this role you will have:
- A Master degree in Law.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in an in-house legal position or at a law firm in an international setting.
- In depth knowledge of - and experience with contract law and corporate law. Knowledge of common law is an advantage.
- Well-developed analytical skills.
- Problem solving and result orientated.
- Able to provide pragmatic legal advice.
- Excellent communication - and influencing skills.
- Confidence and credibility to work independently with senior-level corporate executives.
- Positive attitude, can-do mentality, hands-on, team player, flexible.
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal).
- Willingness to travel in the region.
Employment conditionsSmit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package. We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself in a challenging, dynamic and truly international environment.
Contact infoApplicants have to be resident in Singapore or in possession of a work permit for Singapore.
For more information, please feel free to contact Etienne van Noordenne (Group HR Manager), email@example.com or Diana van Gent (Group General Counsel), firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications can be submitted via our website to the attention of Mr. Etienne van Noordenne.
Please note: only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration!