Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 150 vessels and more than 1700 staff and crews worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in almost 25 countries, with a focus on Australia, the Middle East and Africa, Smit Lamnalco specialises in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. More information on Smit Lamnalco can be found on www.smitlamnalco.com
Within the Group Procurement / Supply Chain Department we have an opening for a
In this role you are responsible for purchasing third party parts & services from suppliers all over the world for global dry-docking projects of vessels. You will jointly define the project scope and be responsible for the requests for quotations, contracting of suppliers and the (international) logistics of the parts flow in the project. You will be a sparring partner for the Project Manager and will work in close cooperation with other functional disciplines. The Project Purchaser is a member of the Group Procurement & Supply Chain Management team and reports to the Group Procurement and Supply Chain Manager.
Job DescriptionTasks and responsibilities:
- Determine, present and implement the Procurement & Logistics Plan for your projects based on solid analyses, the needs of the project team and the category/sourcing strategy.
- Identify and manage risks and opportunities of the procurement part of assigned projects.
- Select suppliers in conjunction with the Project Manager, Technical Superintendent and category/sourcing managers.
- Execute the RFQ process, negotiate the terms and conditions and contract suppliers.
- Work closely with project managers to monitor progress
- Monitor and manage suppliers on project plans assuring timely delivery.
- Ensure appropriate adherence to the sourcing process, executing of operational tasks to order, expedite and follow up on key services and goods.
- Track and report in sourcing performance for the project.
Job RequirementsTo be successful in this role you will have:
- A University or Bachelor degree in a Technical, Purchasing or Supply Chain discipline.
- 5 years’ experience in a purchasing, procurement, supply chain or similar type of role in a project organization, preferably in a technical international environment.
- Technical affinity and keen interest in the maritime industry.
- Strong commercial, project management, negotiation and contract skills.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- A Pro-active, hands-on and decisive working approach.
- Fluent (verbal and written) in Dutch and English
- Dutch residency and willing to travel (incidentally) abroad.
The position is based in Rotterdam / Papendrecht. Smit Lamnalco offers the opportunity to develop yourself in a challenging, dynamic and international environment.
For more information, please feel free to contact Yvette Buitenhuis, Group Procurement and Supply Chain Manager (YBuitenhuis@smitlamnalco.com).