Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 180 vessels and 2,500 crews and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com
Currently we have a job opening for a:
Regional Commercial Manager (Africa)
For this position it is mandatory to be a resident of The Netherlands
and in possession of a residency permit.
The Regional Commercial Manager reports directly to the Regional Managing Director of the Africa region and is a member of the regional management team with a functional line to the CCO. In the region you will act as the Regional Commercial Director. The position is based in Rotterdam.
In this ‘hands-on’ commercial managerial role you are responsible for the retention of existing profitable contracts and the winning of new business in the region Africa. You identify and actively drive new business opportunities (short and long term growth opportunities). Maintaining excellent relationships with existing and potential clients and actively leading regional tender- and bid processes is another key aspect of the role. In daily operations you are working closely together with your team of 2 Commercial Managers, the regional management team, the Group Tender department and Business Development Managers.
- Maintain excellent relations through frequent visits and an excellent service provision towards clients.
- Market & develop Smit Lamnalco services through direct and regular contact with existing and potential clients as well as other stakeholders and expand the company’s network in Africa.
- Maintain existing and win new contracts that contribute to sustainable business growth in the region.
- Develop winning commercial strategies and plans in line with the regional targets as set in the Group Strategic Business Plan.
- Identify and advise on further new business opportunities for expansion and short and long-term growth opportunities.
- Maintain client data in the global CRM system.
- Lead and manage tender processes for the region and as assigned.
- Lead Contract negotiations.
- Manage the commercial contracts, variation orders and ensure timely payments.
- Conduct market and operational analysis for the region.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business Economics / Commercial disciplines.
- In depth (minimum 8-10 yrs) commercial knowledge and experience in maritime or affiliated industries, preferably in the region Africa.
- In depth knowledge of bid/tender preparation/contracts and liabilities.
- Strong analytical skills and capable to work in a challenging, dynamic and international environments.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English, French and preferable Portuguese.
- Able to communicate and maintain relations on various levels, internally and externally.
- Hands-on, result oriented, flexible, pro-active, team player and client orientated.
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis (with a minimum of 120 days per year).
Employment conditionsSmit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package that addresses local regulations. We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself in a challenging, dynamic and truly international environment.
Contact infoFor more information, please feel free to contact Etienne van Noordenne, Regional HR Manager Africa email@example.com
Please note that only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration.