Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. We are a truly multinational company with over 40 different nationalities working in 4 continents. With more than 185 vessels and over 2,500 staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to provide marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com.
Job DescriptionSmit Lamnalco currently has an opening for a:Regional Commercial Manager (Australia) The Regional Commercial Manager reports directly to the Regional Managing Director of the region Australia and is a member of the regional management team with a functional line to the CCO. In the region you will act as the Regional Commercial Director. The position is based in Sydney.
In this ‘hands-on’ commercial managerial role you are responsible for the retention of existing profitable contracts and the winning of new business in the region. You identify and actively drive new business opportunities (short and long term growth opportunities). Maintaining excellent relationships with existing and potential clients and actively leading regional tender- and bid processes is another key aspect of the role. In daily operations you are working closely together with the Commercial Manager of the region, the regional management team, the Group Tender department in Rotterdam and the Group Business Development Managers.
A more detailed description is provided below:
- Maintain excellent relations through frequent visits and an excellent service provision towards clients.
- Market & develop Smit Lamnalco services through direct and regular contact with existing and potential clients as well as other stakeholders and expand the company’s network in Australia.
- Maintain existing and win new contracts that contribute to sustainable business growth in the region.
- Develop winning commercial strategies and plans in line with the regional targets as set in the Group Strategic Business Plan.
- Identify and advise on further new business opportunities for expansion and short and long-term growth opportunities.
- Maintain client data in the global CRM system.
- Lead and manage tender processes for the region and as assigned.
- Lead Contract negotiations.
- Manage the commercial contracts, variation orders and ensure timely payments.
- Conduct market and operational analysis for the region
Job RequirementsTo be successful in this role you will have
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business Economics / Commercial disciplines.
- In depth (minimum 8-10 yrs) commercial knowledge and experience in maritime or affiliated industries, preferably in the region Australia.
- In depth knowledge of bid/tender preparation/contracts and liabilities.
- Strong analytical skills and capable to work in a challenging, dynamic and international environments.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Able to communicate and maintain relations on various levels, internally and externally.
- Hands-on, result oriented, flexible, pro-active, team player and client orientated.
- Willingness to travel within the region.