Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 190 vessels and over 2,500 crews and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com.
Smit Lamnalco currently has an opening for a:
Regional Technical Manager (Europe)
The Regional Technical Manager reports to the Group Fleet Manager, based in Rotterdam and is a member of the management team of the region Europe. In daily operations the regional management team-members are working closely together and are managed by the Regional Managing Director of the respective region. The position is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
In this operational managerial role, you are responsible to maximize the availability and uptime of approx. 20 vessels (and related equipment) operating in Russia, Lithuania and Georgia. Furthermore, the Regional Technical Manager is driving and leading the implementation of technical policies and guidelines through the region and contributes to the further optimization of the regional fleet.
A more detailed description is provided below:
- Provide input on M&R Financials; minimizing downtime, maximizing life span and reliability of the vessels.
- Ensure vessels are technically and cosmetically maintained at the highest industry standards
- Ensure all vessels are in compliance with all statutory and class requirements at all times.
- Ensure all vessels propulsion lines are continuous performing to satisfaction (delivering bollard pull) and take action on vessels where this is in doubt.
- Ensure vessel inspections are conducted as per the Company guidelines and VIC planning.
- Ensure that all damages - exceeding deductible - are reported to Group Insurance and repair cost are properly administrated.
- Operate within the regional budgets set for Running and Planned M&R
- Liaise with Procurement on strategic DD framework agreements
- Drive and ensure a proper application of the Planned Maintenance System (MARAD) on board
- Investigate and analyse (root) causes of technical stoppages and drive actions to avoid recurrence.
- Advise, coach and support Superintendents on a daily bases and stimulate teamwork in the regional offices.
- Participate in selection process of engineering shore staff and (engineering) key-crew.
- Support Operations in the process of (de)mobilization of assets and S&P processes
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree in the Technical Maritime or Mechanical Engineering field
- At least 3 years of experience as Chief Engineer (Class 1)
- At least 3 years management experience in a comparable position in the Maritime industry
- Project Management techniques and skills.
- Team player with a collaborative approach and ability to engage at all organizational levels.
- Analytical as well as numerically strong.
- Builder, self-starter and energetic person.
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Fluent in English and Russian (verbally and in writing).
- Willingness to travel (medium)
Employment conditionsSmit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package. We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself in a challenging, dynamic and truly international environment.
Contact infoFor more information, please feel free to contact Sander Wilgenhof, Group Fleet Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or Etienne van Noordenne, Group HR Manager, email@example.com
Applications can be send via our website to the attention of Mr. Etienne van Noordenne, Group HR Manager.
Please note: only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration.