Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe, reliable and cost-effective integrated midstream marine services to the following on and offshore terminals: oil & gas; LNG, FLNG, FSRU; SPM; FPSO, FSO; and minerals export. We own, operate and manage a modern diverse fleet of approximately 150 vessels. With more than 1700 crew and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, with a regional hub for the Middle East and Indian Subcontinent located in Sharjah. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com
Job DescriptionOur Sharjah office, has an opening for a: Secretary
The Secretary provides administrative, organizational and operational support to the assigned Managers and/or Staff. This role reports directly to both the Managing Director and Senior HR Officer.
- Make travel arrangements and arrange travel documentation (tickets, visa’s etc.).
- Maintain agenda’s, arrange appointments and meetings.
- Point of contact for hotels, couriers, transportation companies, agents and travel agency.
- Organize and produce agenda’s for meetings including taking minutes.
- Support and facilitate the completion of memo’s and regular reports.
- Maintain an adequate filing system for relevant documents, both digital and in hard copy.
- Monitor follow up of outstanding actions resulting from meetings.
- Maintain office supplies and purchase new inventory when necessary.
- Coordinate and/or assist in the arrangement of events, internally and/or with external parties.
- Handle expense claims and/or approval of invoices, purchase orders and timesheets.
- Manage all incoming calls on the general phone line.
- Coordinate the overall cleaning activities.
- Responsible to coordinate the maintenance, repairs and services of all work facilities.
- Support in any other administrative activities as needed and/or requested by the respective Managers.
- Handle all inbound and outbound shipments (mail, packages etc.).
- Responsible for the cleanliness and tidiness of the office.
Job RequirementsTo be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any business related field.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar position within the maritime industry would be ideal.
- Well-developed computer skills (MS Office) and attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Previous experience in a similar administrative role to work both independently and in a team.
- Proficient in written and verbal command of English.
- Preference will be given to applicants already in the United Arab Emirates.
Employment conditionsThis is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to join an international maritime company and have a pivotal role within the organization, which offers great upward progression for a motivated and talented individual. Smit Lamnalco offers a competitive compensation & benefits package that meets local regulations.
Contact infoFor more information, you can contact Shenayé Botha (Senior HR Officer - e-mail: email@example.com ).
Applications should be submitted via our website to the attention of Ms. Shenayé Botha.
Please note: only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration.