Job DescriptionFor our offshore LNG operations in Southeast Africa Smit Lamnalco is recruiting Pilots and Senior Pilots. The pilots are responsible for safely piloting LNG carriers calling the Coral FLNG facility (FSRU) and berthing /un-berthing the LNG carriers alongside (SBS/STS) to the highest safety and operational standards.
About the operation:
- Offshore Mozambique (140Nm offshore)
- LNG STS and tandem operations, piloting LNG carriers calling the Coral FLNG facility (FSRU).
Job RequirementsJob requirements:
- Minimum 2 years as a Marine Pilot or Mooring Master in a terminal, port or offshore environment OR
- 5 years as Senior Officer (Chief Officer or Master) on board and LNG carrier.
- In possession of a valid COC for Master all Ships – No Limitations (STCW II/2) and a valid GOC (STCW IV/2).
- Certificate of medical fitness in accordance with MLC 2006 OR valid OGUK medical fitness certificate.
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Team player with a collaborative approach and able to engage and partnering at all organizational levels.
- Able to work independently, stress resistant and able to take decisions, even in the most challenging conditions.
- Strong managerial and administrative skills.
- Fluent in English.
Employment conditionsWe Offer:
- A position in an international environment, working on a state of the art project.
- Employment in a 8/8 weeks rotation. While offshore the pilots will be based on board the FSRU.
- Working in a team of 2 pilots and 1 senior pilot.
- Competitive Remuneration package based on offshore industry standards and experience.
Contact infoApply or more information?
You can send your application through the website of Smit Lamnalco (www.smitlamnalco.com). For more information contact Laurens Van Hove, Group Training Superintendent (Lvanhove@smitlamnalco.com)