Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 150 vessels and more than 1700 staff and crews worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in almost 25 countries, with a focus on Australia, the Middle East and Africa, Smit Lamnalco specialises in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. More information on Smit Lamnalco can be found on www.smitlamnalco.com
Job DescriptionFor our offshore LNG operations in Southeast Africa Smit Lamnalco is recruiting Pilots and Senior Pilots. The pilots are responsible for safely piloting LNG carriers calling the Coral FLNG facility (FSRU) and berthing /un-berthing the LNG carriers alongside (SBS/STS) to the highest safety and operational standards.
About the operation:
- Offshore Mozambique (140Nm offshore)
- LNG STS and tandem operations, piloting LNG carriers calling the Coral FLNG facility (FSRU).
- Minimum 5 years as a marine pilot of which 3 years in SBS/STS and tandem/SBM operations.
- Hold valid Oil cargo and Liquid Gas cargo endorsements OR have sailed 3 years as Chief Officers or Master on board gas carriers.
- In possession of a valid COC for Master all Ships – No Limitations (STCW II/2) and a valid GOC (STCW IV/2).
- Certificate of medical fitness in accordance with MLC 2006 OR valid OGUK medical fitness certificate.
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Team player with a collaborative approach and able to engage and partnering at all organizational levels.
- Able to work independently, stress resistant and able to take decisions, even in the most challenging conditions.
- Strong managerial and administrative skills.
- Fluent in English
Employment conditionsWe Offer:
- A position in an international environment, working on a state of the art project.
- Employment in a 8/8 weeks rotation. While offshore the pilots will be based on board the FSRU.
- Working in a team of 2 pilots and 1 senior pilot.
- Competitive Remuneration package based on offshore industry standards and experience.