Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 180 vessels and 2,500 crews and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com
Smit Lamnalco has a job opening for a:
Group Technical Application Manager
In this role you act as ‘the expert’ in the field of application managements. The purpose of the position is to implement, maintain and enhance business applications based on global business processes / needs, policies and tooling, as also to provide support to the application users across the company. The Group Technical Application Manager makes part of the IT team supporting all employees worldwide both onshore as offshore. The position is based in our Head-Office in Rotterdam and reports to the Group IT Manager.
- Maintain and enhance business applications including monitoring application components.
- Assess business process requirements to identify what specific applications are needed to improve business operations and advise in the selection of new applications.
- Manage and execute the installation and upgrading of existing and new business applications.
- Test and implement new releases in conjunction with business owners for implementation.
- Build and maintain data interfaces between applications.
- Troubleshoot software problems and oversee prompt resolutions and identify potential problems.
- Lead planning and implementation of software projects including project proposal, technical plan and resource planning.
- Collaborate with the business, UI/UX designers and other stakeholders on technical solutions and materialize these into the final software product.
- Ensure new business applications comply with the company’s software policy.
- Create, develop and oversee protocols and procedures for usage of software applications in collaboration with the business.
- Monitor the applications network to prevent security breaches and maintain data integrity and application security for all business applications.
- Assign access and permission levels to employees, setup of user profiles for (new) employees and give access to applications following the matrix as provided by the business.
- Create and update documentation.
- Provide user training.
- A Bachelor degree in IT (Information Technology).
- 7 to 10 years work experience in a similar role. (preferable in a maritime environment).
- Well-developed knowledge of system design, development, implementation and user support principles and practices.
- Knowledge of business applications preferably with SharePoint, Dynamics AX, Power BI and Dynamics CRM.
- Extensive experience with Windows/SQL server.
- Experience in marine solutions/planned maintenance systems
- A strong knowledge of SDLC.
- Experience with ETL tools.
- Experience with Data warehousing and integrations.
- Good communicator, able to maintain relations and provide support/training to users on various levels, internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Employment conditionsSmit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package. We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself in a challenging, dynamic and truly international environment.
For this positions it is mandatory to be a resident of The Netherlands and in possession of a residency permit.
Contact infoFor more information, please feel free to contact Etienne van Noordenne HR Manager, EvanNoordenne@smitlamnalco.com
Applications can be submitted via our website to the attention of Etienne van Noordenne.
Please note: only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration!