Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading global provider of safe and efficient towage services and associated maritime services to ports and oil and gas terminals . With more than 150 ships and 1,700 employees (crew and staff) worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is committed to providing marine services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Smit Lamnalco is active in more than 25 countries and specializes in delivering international standards in safety, logistics, mooring and towing to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. Headquartered in Rotterdam / Papendrecht, The Netherlands. For more information about Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com
Job DescriptionWe are currently looking for a Technical Superintendent (MEIS)
As a Technical Superintendent you are responsible for the technical operational deployment, maintenance and docking of 4-6 ships, operating in different areas in the Middle East Region. In close cooperation with the international crew on board you ensure that the vessels are in an excellent technical and maintenance state to ensure the continuity of services to our clients. You report to the Contract Manager (P&L responsible) with a functional line to the Group Maintenance Manager. The location of the position is in the United Arab Emirates from where you will travel regularly to the various operations in the Middle East.
- Coordinate and carry out maintenance work on board and monitor the quality standard.
- Planning , organizing, supervising repairs, inspections and dockings and the preparation of final technical and financial reports.
- 1st point of contact for the international crew (HWTC’s) in case of technical questions or defects.
- Supervising and providing technical advice and support to the Chief Engineers on board.
- Instructing and monitoring the maintenance progress and quality on board via the PM System (MARAD) .
- Investigating and analyzing technical defects and taking preventive and corrective measures in a timely manner.
- Conducting inspections and guiding surveys on board by external parties.
- Drawing up and monitoring maintenance budgets.
- Approve purchase orders and monitor / follow up on goods received.
- Liaise with suppliers , classification societies and other external parties.
- Monitoring and updating of ship certificates and technical documents.
- Handling of damage reports and claims.
- A Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Maritime engineering or Naval Engineering.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in a similar role / experience as Chief Engineer.
- International work experience, preferably gained in the Middle East.
- Excellent managerial and Project Management skills.
- Good technical instructor / team player with a hands-on mentality.
- Fluent command of the English language , spoken and written.
Employment conditionsThis is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to join an international shipping company and have a pivotal role within the organization, which offers great upward progression for a motivated and talented individual. Smit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package that addresses local regulations.
Contact infoApplications should be sent via our website (www.smitlamnalco.com).
Please note: only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration.