Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 180 vessels and over 2,500 crews and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. Smit Lamnalco is headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information, please visit our website www.smitlamnalco.com
Our Sharjah office, has an opening for a: Technical Superintendent
In this role you are responsible for ensuring the running maintenance and dry-dockings of an assigned number of vessels, in order to maintain the technical status and to maximise the uptime of the fleet. The Technical Superintendent reports to the Regional Technical Manager (RTM) and works in close cooperation with the Operations department.
Job Description· Coordinating and executing the daily running maintenance within budget on board of vessels.
· Monitor and follow up the Planned Maintenance System.
· Generate and approve purchase orders and requisitions and receive and inspect goods.
· Supervise, coach and instruct Chief Engineers to ensure professional on-board technical management.
· Undertake vessel inspections and report on the status of the vessels.
· Investigate and analyse root causes of defects and take timely corrective and preventive actions.
· Arrange surveys with flag state and classification authorities and other relevant parties.
· Ensure full compliance of vessel certifications with flag state and class requirements.
· Plan, coordinate and execute dry dockings in line with quality standards, agreed budgets and
· Supervise and evaluate activities and performance of third party contractors and vendors.
· Ensure damages to be surveyed and repaired in close consultation with classification societies and
the insurance department.
· Optimise and implement of technical (new build) standards.
· Maintain daily email communication with assigned vessel.
Job Requirements· Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Maritime engineering or Naval Architecture.
· STCW Certificate of Competency III/3, with minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Chief Engineer or
First Engineer, on vessels of >6,000 KW.
· Experienced in project management, budgeting and planned maintenance systems.
· Seasoned technical professional, able to set and maintain high standards.
· Team player, able to engage and cooperate at all organizational levels.
· Excellent communicator able to guide and instruct engineers (on-and offshore).
· Willingness to travel frequently.
· Fluent written and verbal command of English.
· Preferably with working experience in the Middle East.
Employment conditionsThis is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to join an international shipping company and have a pivotal role within the organization, which offers great upward progression for a motivated and talented individual. Smit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package that addresses local regulations.
Contact infoApplications should be sent via our website.
Please note: only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration.