Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe, reliable and cost-effective integrated midstream marine services to the following on and offshore terminals: Oil & Gas; LNG, FLNG, FSRU; SPM; FPSO, FSO; and minerals export. We own, operate and manage a modern diverse fleet of approximately 180 vessels. With more than 2,500 crew and staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. The HQ is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com
Smit Lamnalco currently has an opening for a:
For one of our regional teams we are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Superintendent. In this role you are responsible for ensuring that the running maintenance and dry-dockings of an assigned number of vessels is executed in a safe, efficient and cost effective way. The aim is to maintain the technical status and to maximise the uptime of our fleet.
The Technical Superintendent reports to the Regional Technical Manager and works in close cooperation with the Operations department. Approximately half of the time you will be working from our office in Rotterdam and the other half will be at locations where we operate our vessels.
- Coordinating and executing the daily running maintenance within budget.
- Monitor and follow up the Planned Maintenance System.
- Supervise, coach and instruct Chief Engineers to ensure professional on-board technical management.
- Undertake vessel inspections and report on the status of the vessels.
- Investigate and analyse root causes of defects and take timely corrective and preventive actions.
- Arrange surveys with flag state and classification authorities and other relevant parties.
- Ensure full compliance of vessel certifications with flag state and class requirements.
- Plan, coordinate and execute dry dockings in line with quality standards, agreed budgets and time lines.
- Supervise and evaluate activities and performance of third party contractors and vendors.
- Ensure damages to be surveyed and repaired in close consultation with classification societies and the insurance department.
- Optimise and implement of technical (new build) standards.
- Generate and approve purchase orders and requisitions and receive and inspect goods.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical / Maritime engineering or Naval Architecture.
- STCW Certificate of Competency III/3, with minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Chief Engineer or First Engineer, on vessels of >6,000 KW.
- Experienced in project management, budgeting and planned maintenance systems.
- Seasoned technical professional, able to set and maintain high standards.
- Team player, able to engage and cooperate at all organizational levels.
- Excellent communicator able to guide and instruct engineers (on-and offshore).
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Fluent in Dutch and English (verbally and in writing). French and/or Portuguese is considered an asset.
Employment conditionsSmit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package. We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself in a challenging, dynamic and truly international environment.
For this positions it is mandatory to be a resident of The Netherlands and in possession of a residency permit.
Contact infoFor more information, please feel free to contact Etienne van Noordenne, Regional HR Manager email@example.com
Applications can be submitted via our website to the attention of Mr. Etienne van Noordenne.
Please note: only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration!