Company InformationSmit Lamnalco is the leading provider of safe and efficient towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry. With more than 150 vessels and over 1700 staff worldwide, Smit Lamnalco is dedicated to providing marine support services tailored to the operational needs of global customers in local markets. Active in over 30 countries, Smit Lamnalco specializes in bringing international standards on safety, logistics, mooring and towage to onshore and offshore operations in challenging environments. For more information on Smit Lamnalco, please visit our website: www.smitlamnalco.com.
Job DescriptionDue to the departure of the current System Engineer, we have a job opening for a new
Vessel Maintenance System Engineer
who is keen to take on the challenge to further develop and implement the Plant Maintenance System (PMS-MARAD) and the maintenance strategy for the vessels of Smit Lamnalco. In this role you a part of the Group Fleet Team (8-9). The role is based in the HQ of Smit Lamnalco in Papendrecht (Boskalis business-park).
- Act as a first line of support for MARAD users.
- Manage and optimize maintenance strategies for vessels in the PMS.
- Provide support and knowledge to (technical) shore staff and crew with regards to maintenance of technical equipment and the use of the MARAD.
- Interact with the system-provider and initiate functional improvements and optimizations
- Ensure all new vessel certificates are uploaded.
- Update and maintain Smit Lamnalco SFI component template.
- Define critical as well as strategic equipment based on a risk based approach.
- Create spare part databases and integrate with maintenance database.
- Follow up on developments on technical aspects, rules and regulations with regard to the vessels maintenance schedules and certification.
- Develop training material and presentations related to the PMS system to instruct the Crews and Technical Superintendents.
- Bachelor degree in Technical, Engineering or Maritime (MAROF) related field.
- Preferably sea-going experience.
- Excellent Engineering knowledge and experience in working with Plant Maintenance Systems.
- High interest in optimization of processes and systems.
- Analytical, innovative and the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Proficiency in the English language (both written and oral).
- Residency in the Netherlands is mandatory
- Willingness to travel from time to time.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic professional who has an interest in vessels, maintenance, engineering and systems and who is keen and eager to join an internationally operating Maritime company. Smit Lamnalco offers a competitive Compensation & Benefit package.
Contact infoApplications should be send via our website to the attention of Mrs. Margareth Schipper, Group HR Director. Please feel free to contact Margareth Schipper (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Please note: only applications submitted via our website will be taken into consideration.
Acquisition is appreciated.